Life is busy right? Days/weeks can fly by and before you know it you are feeling stressed, unsure of yourself, self doubting everything and utterly exhausted. Can you relate?
A few months back I made a promise to myself that I would make time for me. Even 10 minutes to drink a hot drink can be challenging. Yes I have older children but having a teen and 9 year old alongside their high anxieties can seriously mentally drain me.
I have found 6 ways to focus on me. If I don’t look after myself, how can I look after others? Same for you too.
- Headphones and music. Yep when my two are occupied I will put in my earphones and listen to my fave music from my phone to give me a happy boost. I don’t play it too loud where I wouldn’t be able to hear them if they call me. Just enough to feel my ears with happiness.
- How about arranging that girly coffee catchup you are always too busy to make. Or that shopping trip you keep putting off. Go on your own or with a friend. Arrange that date! Get out there!
- I am all for meditation. I personally really feel the benefits of even 10 minutes meditation. Headspace is a good app that is designed to help guide meditation. I personally find people speaking distracting when I mediate. I like to listen to native tribal music or sometimes even silence.
- You can run that hot bath with bubbles flowing and gentle music with candles alight when the kids are asleep. Sounds like bliss right?
- Make time to give your wardrobe a really good clear out. I feel so happy and satisfied when I have chucked out clothes I know longer wear and give my wardrobe a general tidy up.
- Go for a walk, jog, run.. anything that gets you outside and feeling good. Exercise is proven to be mentally and physically good for our bodies.
How do you find time for you?