With Mother’s Day fast approaching there are so many beautiful gifts to be brought. There are also some pretty expensive gifts too (depending on what you call expensive). I personally think for Mother’s day, minimal spending is fine with me!
Mother’s Day is the day to present our mums with lavish gifts to show her how much we love and appreciate her and all she does. I absolutely love my mum, she is my rock. However I am also thankful that my mum has never expected much and as a mum myself, I don’t. I don’t think we need to wait one day a year to tell her that she is loved and appreciated either.
I love the ideas of,
- Homemade cards. My 9 year old still makes me a Mother’s Day card. To me it’s the personal touch that I love. My teen likes to buy one but as long as she buys it, I’m happy.
- Flowers. Chosen by the kids and no more than £10. I love flowers but they die so quickly I think any more that £10 is a waste of money.
- Breakfast in bed. The best present ever! Burnt toast with far too much jam on them with super milky undrinkable cup of tea made by my girls will do nicely! Although my teen is getting there on making a decent cup of tea.
- How about having a lay in? That sounds amazing right!
- Chocolate. I do love a bar of chocolate. My girls know Dairy milk is my fav 🙂
- New PJ’s, not expensive and who doesn’t love a new pair of PJ’s! Obviously chosen by the kids.
I buy my mum flowers every year. She loves them and as she lives in Manchester and I live in Surrey, flowers are the best way to put a smile on my mum’s face.
What do you like for Mother’s Day or what do you buy your mum?