I am a real pudding fan and one of my favs has to be banoffee pie. It has taken me ages to pluck up the courage to attempt to make one. I didn’t want to mess up lol!
Anyway I didn’t mess up and here is the recipe 🙂 It serves 4-6 people (depending on the size of the slices).
- About 200g of digestive biscuits
- 1 large bannana
- 1 tub of 150 ml of double cream
- 1 tin of Carnation caramel
- 60g butter
What you will need
- Electric whisk
- Cake tin
- Mixing bowl
- Weighing scales
- Wooden spoon
- Break up all the biscuits by using a blender or failing that, put them in a bag, cover with a towel and use a rolling pin to pummel the biscuits into crumbs. Now poor these into a mixing bowl
- Heat up the butter in a saucepan then pour it onto the biscuits crumbs
- Stir until it is all mixed together
- Pour into your baking tin and press firmly into the tin to form the biscuit base. I use a metal spoon
- Put into the fridge to cool for a few hours
- Pour on the caramel all over the base
- Slice a banana and lay the slices out over the caramel
- Whip up the cream using a whisk and place on top of the bananas
- Sprinkle with chocolate shavings of decoration and of course taste (if you wish)
You can serve straight away. We like to put it back in the fridge for an hour or so. Personally it tastes even better then next day!
This Banoffee pie was made by Mr B, I have made two since then myself 🙂