This week has seen me sent home Wednesday with pain all over my body but the main culprit is as always, my back and hips.
The reality is it’s unlikely that these pain flare ups will stop altogether but at the moment these are far too regular. Being off work sick twice since the New Year. Not good.
Chatting to other fibromyalgia sufferers, in doing so I have made a new plan. I am still taking the vitamins which I wrote about here but I have added a few more things.
I have been reading more, resting in the evening and signed up for an online Crystal healing course, this is something I have planned to do for a while now. I have written about that here.
- Keep taking the vitamins
- Exercise more. I have become good at sitting or slouching in the evenings resting watching tv or reading. I am so tired when I come home from work that exercise hasn’t been regular.
- Download some meditation music on my phone. This will mean I can pop in my headphones, relax myself and practise meditation.
- Give myself two whole days and nights off of social media. This will allow me to shut off completely and again will encourage me to get off my bum! Wednesday and Sunday are from now, social media free days.
My exercise plan is as follows
- Pilates on Wednesday at the gym
- Yoga on Thursday at the gym
- The rest of the week will be practising Yoga online, YogawithAdrienne is fantastic. Not only is it easy to follow but she practises gentle Yoga. While I am stretching it should also encourage my own kids to do their own exercises from physiotherapy or, it will remind me to nag them to do them. Either way it’s a win!
There is no reason why I can not incorporate this into my daily routine. I don’t need to exercise for hours. Even 20 minutes exercise at home could make a difference. I do like to practise yoga at home, just not as regularly as I would like or need, the pup likes to get involved too lol!
View this post on Instagram
Trying to do a yoga session before I curl up in bed for an early night but this pup has other plans! He has learnt to not lay across my yoga mat but he still gets in the way 🙃🐶 #yoga #yogabeforebed #instapup #instapuppy #FrenchBullJack #puppylove #whatrachelwrites #puppy #wellbeing #selfcare #lookafteryou #mumhealth
I am on the waiting list for the pain clinic with talk of pain injections in my back. I really don’t like the sound of that so I hope I can manage it myself.
Do you have any tips on how to ease chronic pain?